Barter Collaboration: Everything You Need to Know in 2024
If you're a business owner or an individual, who is familiar with social media marketing, you must have heard of barter collaboration at least once.
And you must agree to that now barter collaboration or influencer marketing has become a big part of marketing. Collaboration is now booming as an Instagram business. But what barter collaboration actually is, how can you ask for barter collaboration.
In addition, as an individual or a business how can it benefit you? Is barter collaboration good?
In this blog, we’ll explore all aspects of Barter collaboration.
What is barter collaboration?
Barter collaboration is a type of influencer marketing in which digital marketers or social media marketers offer free products or facilities to influencers. In return to it, influencers need to create promotional content for their businesses.
The barter content can be in multiple formats like post, reel, story or live broadcast. The barter collaboration can be for different platforms like Instagram, facebook, Youtube, etc,. However, Instagram barter collaboration is more popular among business and influencers.
Benefits of barter collaboration for Business
Through barter collaboration, businesses get various benefits. Some major advantages of barter collaboration are:
- It’s an effective way to reach the target audience with a higher engagement rate.
- The barter collaboration is among the affordable marketing options.
- By collaborating with multiple influencers for barter marketing, you can reach a maximum audience.
- Barter collaboration allows you to get feedback for new launches.
- It helps you in bringing sales by promoting discounts and coupon codes along with projects.
Benefits of barter collaboration for Influencers
Collaboration with brands for influencers can benefits them in multiple ways, such as:
- They get access to such products which are not available in traditional market channels when they collaborate with brands.
- They can get high-value products for free.
- By collaborating with big brands they can build a great portfolio and ask for paid promotional content.
- Barter collaboration allows influencers to sell those free products after creating the videos to their audience.
- Can engage with more audience, and business and build their influencer career.
How does barter collaboration work
The barter collaboration can be from influencer to brand or brand to influencer. Any of them can ask to each-other for barter collaboration.
Brands or influencers, first match their niches then send the request for barter collaboration. After the communication, brands or influencers decide to collaborate.
The barter collaboration can be decided on minimal charges as per the influencer’s market value, engagement rate or followers.
Furthermore, the brand ensures to deliver the product to the influencer address. The influencer creates content with it and shares it in the format of reel, feed post, live broadcast, and story.
In the post, they can tag the brand, share their first hand experience with the product, its pros and cons.
How to ask for Barter collaboration?
For barter collaboration any one from influencer or business can ask. You can follow these steps to ask for barter collaboration:
From Brand Perspective
- Step 1: Find the right influencers for the brand by matching your niche to their content types.
- Step 2: Make a list of potential influencers with their name, contact information, instagram handle etc.
- Step 3: Draft customised messages for each influencer. The message should follow a professional tone.
- Step 4: Send proposal messages on email, whatsapp or direct message to instagram ID. As per the availability of contact ways.
- Step 5: Have patience or wait for replies. You can also reach out to the influencer manager for the collaboration opportunity.
From Influencer perspective
- Step 1: Find the right business who suited your particular niche. Like if you make content over beauty & makeup, pitch businesses which are in beauty & fashion.
- Step 2: Go to their sites and extract the contact number or email address.
- Step 3: Draft customised messages for each brand specifically. The message must have been engaging and it should include a greeting message, your name, brand name and your message.
- Step 4: Send proposal messages to their social media dedicated contact information. You can also try to reach through direct messaging on instagram.
- Step 5: Now wait for their response.
How do you respond to barter collaboration?
It’s always a special moment when someone recognizes you and considers you worthy for collaboration. But don’t rush to say yes whether you're a business or an influencer.
Remember the collaboration proposal is just a start of the conversation. First identify whether you want to collaborate or not. How the collaboration can benefit you. Understand the terms and conditions.
Draft a message recognising their effort of reaching out to you. Ask for details and whether you’re interested or not. Moreover, add how collaborating with you can benefit them.
What is sponsorship barter collaboration ?
When barter collaboration includes some charges for posting, shooting videos or making content which only covers the expenses called sponsorship barter collaboration. Brands who want to get created content outdoors and with some specific requirements usually approach for sponsorship barter collaboration.
Moreover, If an influencer needs to pay some cost to make content can ask the brand for reimbursement
Paid collaboration vs barter collaboration
When it comes to collaboration, you might think of whether you should go for barter collaboration or not. Is Paid better than barter. What should you choose?
Paid vs Collaboration depends on various factors:
- If you’re a brand and want to organise cost-effective marketing campaigns. Barter collaboration is a good choice.
- For business, finding the right influencer for barter collaboration can be challenging.
- If you’re initiating your career as an influencer , barter collaboration is good to proceed.
- Taking only barter collaboration projects continuously can even demotivate you.
- You can pursue paid collaboration activity full-time.
- As a brand, you might not be as demanding on barter collaboration. The content quality might not be high quality.
With the raise of influencers, barter collaboration on instagram is booming. However, finding good brands for barter collaboration or right influencers can be challenging. You can take help of social media management tools to organise your social media activities and invest your energy in finding great opportunities for collaborations.
CloudSocial is a social media management tool which has multiple features. You can use its Omnibox tool to respond to messages, listen tool to track social media trends and publish tool to schedule posts for social media campaigns.