CloudSocial and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In 2016 the European Commission approved and adopted a new framework for European data protection law called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR requirements have become effective on May 25, 2018 and have affected all companies who are processing personal data of individuals in the EU. Here at CloudSocial we embrace the GDPR regulation and see it as an opportunity to further improve how we communicate with you, use and share your data and fundamentally, how we place your privacy, security and rights at the forefront of everything that we do. As both a data controller and processor, we have taken measures to ensure our compliance with the GDPR.
GDPR preparedness checklist
We have ensured complete compliance with the GDPR. Below is a high-level overview of the key activities we have performed:
- Appointed a Data Protection Officer
- Assessed our product and business to determine areas impacted by GDPR
- Conducted an internal audit to ensure that all third parties and suppliers used by CloudSocial are GDPR compliant
- Perform necessary changes to the platform (incl. easier to access communication preference controls, explicit acceptance of Terms and Privacy Policies on signup)
- Updated our Terms & Conditions
- Created a dedicated page to document our GDPR activities and compliance
- Created a dedicated page to outline how we secure our customers data
- Communicate our compliance with our customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does CloudSocial have a Data Processing Agreement (DPA) we can sign?
Where does CloudSocial store its data?
Can you delete my data or answer any other questions about my data?
Please login to your account and navigate to ‘Delete my Account’ sections to permanently delete your CloudSocial account and it’s associated data. Alternatively, you may email us if you'd like to exercise your rights under GDPR. You can request to have your data deleted as well as request further information on how your data is being used - amongst other things.
How is my data being used?